WSU Everett honors faculty, staff, and students at annual Chancellor’s Awards reception
EVERETT, WA — Today, several faculty and staff were recognized for their achievements at the WSU Everett Chancellor’s Awards reception. Awards were presented in various categories, highlighting the remarkable accomplishments of colleagues who demonstrate excellence in teaching, leadership, and service.
- LaRea Sylvester, Video Conference and Endpoint Technician, received the Staff Excellence Award for her many contributions to WSU Everett.
- Dr. Shuzeng Xie, Scholarly Assistant Professor, School of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, received the Teaching Excellence Award.
- Alex Ishaque, Class of 2023, Software Engineering, received the Student Excellence Award.
Faculty, staff, and students were also recognized for awards received outside WSU Everett:
- Elena Cervantes, Class of 2023, Communications, was elected as a WSU Top 10 Senior by the WSU Alumni Association. Additionally, Elena and fellow student Alex Isaque were awarded the Chancellor’s Student Civic Leadership Award by the Washington Campus Coalition for the Public Good.
- Dr. Mark Beattie, Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, and Dr. Sergey Lapin, Associate Director, Data Analytics, were inducted into the WSU Teaching Academy.
- Dr. Lapin received the President’s Award for Leadership.
The WSU Everett Chancellor’s Award Reception annually honors EverCougs for their exemplary dedication, innovation, and commitment to shaping the future of higher education.