Join us for the first APAC meeting of 2021 as we welcome Melissa DiNoto, compensation manager, and Don Read, learning & organizational development manager, from WSU Human Resource Services for a conversation on employee promotion, compensation, advancement, and professional development.
Topics to be covered:
- Advancement/promotion concerns
- Where do APs get the skills to advance/professional development opportunities?
- Job equity with others in the same class
- The perceived value of annual review
- Requesting a salary review
- How do job descriptions become modified? How does this impact compensation?
- Who decides how raises or compensation are distributed? What is the most professional way to ask leadership about salary transparency?
- What does transparency about hiring decisions look like at WSU?
- How can I find out how I interviewed, where I ranked, and what skills I need to advance after an interview?
- What if I feel the answer was not truthful?
- If a position is demoted in title, pay, and responsibilities (due to budget cuts) how does this impact the AP’s professional trajectory?
January 14, APAC Monthly Meeting 9-10:30 a.m. via Zoom
TOWN HALL DISCUSSIONS:
APAC is hosting a series of town hall discussions with President Kirk Schulz; Provost Elizabeth Chilton; Stacy Pearson, vice president, and chief financial officer; and Theresa Elliot-Cheslek, vice president and chief human resources officer.
Join us for a discussion and Q&A session with WSU executive leadership.
This is a great way for administrative professionals to connect with university leaders and ask questions that are important to AP staff and their respective locations.
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details, including Zoom links and how to submit your questions.
Both events will be recorded for later viewing and available on the APAC website.