Members of the Washington State University Board of Regents will convene for a series of meetings on the WSU Health Sciences Spokane campus May 5-6.
The Board of Regents is expected to take action on several items Friday, including setting tuition as well as room and dining rates for the 2022-23 academic year.
Each committee meeting as well as the Board of Regents meeting on Friday will be available to watch live on Youtube. Thursday’s meetings kick off at 9 a.m. with the Executive and Governance Committee and are expected to run through the afternoon. Friday’s Board of Regents meeting is set to begin at 9 a.m.
Members of the public hoping to address the board during the public comment period are asked to register ahead of time via the WSU Board of Regents website.
Prior to the week’s meetings, Regents will meet for dinner at the Palm Court Grill Restaurant in Spokane Wednesday evening. On Friday, members of the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Advisory Council will join regents for breakfast and a campus tour.
This notice is being sent by the direction of the Chair of the Board of Regents pursuant to the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Act, chapter 42.30 RCW.
Questions about the Board of Regents meeting and schedule may be directed to Desiree Jacobsen, executive assistant to the WSU Board of Regents, 509-335-4200.
The agenda for the May 6 Board of Regents meeting is available below:
A. Report from the Chair of the Board of Regents
B. Report from the President
C. Report from the Chancellor, WSU Health Sciences Spokane
II. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Approval of Minutes – March 11, 2022 Board of Regents Meeting
B. Establish the Master of Healthcare Administration and Leadership
C. Discontinue the Master of Education in Educational Psychology
III. REPORTS FROM SHARED GOVERNANCE GROUPS
IV. EXECUTIVE AND GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE
A. Action Item:
- 1. Board of Regents’ Election of Officers
V. STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE COMMITTEE REPORT
VI. INSTITUTIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE REPORT
VII. STUDENT AFFAIRS AND STUDENT LIFE COMMITTEE REPORT
VIII. RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE REPORT
A. Action Item:
- 1. Establish the WSU Yakima Consortium
IX. FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE COMMITTEE REPORT
A. Action Items:
- 1. 2023-2025 Operating Budget Request
- 2. 2023-2025 Capital Budget Request
- 3. Academic Year 2022-2023 Tuition Rates
- 4. Services and Activities Fee Rate Changes for Academic Year 2022-2023
- 5. Services and Activities Fees Committee Allocations for Summer 2022 and Academic Year 2022-2023
- 6. Academic Year 2022-2023 Housing and Dining Rates
- 7. Student Recreation Center Mandatory Student Fee Rate Change
- 8. WSU Pullman, Undergraduate Technology Fee Committee Allocations for Academic Year 2022-2023
- 9. WSU Vancouver, Technology Fee Committee Allocations for Academic Year 2022-2023
- 10. Athletics Budget Transfers for Fiscal Year 2022
- 11. Athletics Budget Approval for Fiscal Year 2023