• Michael Griswold, dean of the College of Sciences, was awarded the 2006 research award from the Society for the Study of Reproduction for outstanding research published in the last six years.
• Ardith Gray DeRaad, principal assistant at WSU Extension Puyallup, is one of three women to receive a Woman of the Year Award, for her work with domestic violence issues, from feminist and journalist Gloria Steinem. The award was sponsored by the Women’s Law Caucus at Seattle University School of Law.
• The Association for Faculty Women recently recognized graduate students for exceptional academic and scholarly achievement and professional potential. Honorees are:
Candice Lynn Willmon, pharmacy, Rigas Award to a doctoral student; runner up Tetyana A. Lysak, political science; honorable mention Rosara Payne, chemistry.
Krittika Kanjilal, physics, Founders Award to a master’s degree student; runner up Celestina Barbosa-Leiker, psychology; honorable mention Tabitha T. Brown, crop and soil sciences.
• Rita Styer, Theatre Arts staff member, received a Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival Meritorious Achievement Award for costume design for the February production of “Dragonwings.”
• T.V. Reed, associate dean in the College of Liberal Arts, has been elected to a three-year term on the national council of the American Studies Association.
• Glenn Crosby, chemistry professor emeritus, was named the 2006 American Institute of Chemists Pioneer Award recipient for contributions to excellence in the chemical sciences.
• Linda H. Hardesty, associate professor of forest and range management, has received a 2006 Outstanding Achievement Award from the Society for Range Management in recognition of achievement in research and academia.
If you or someone you know has received an honor, please e-mail the information to Cynthia King at firstname.lastname@example.org.