Activities, festivities accompany Seattle game
Washington State University will showcase its achievements on the west side of the state on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 10 and 11, in conjunction with the Cougar football game at Seattle’s Qwest Field (Seahawks stadium).
“Having these activities in Seattle is vital to the university’s visibility in the important western Washington population center, home of so many of our students, alumni and friends,” said WSU President V. Lane Rawlins.
Friday, Sept. 10
• College of Business and Economics Power Breakfast (see article below), 7 a.m., W Seattle Hotel.
• Bon-Macy’s Second Annual Future Cougars of Color Diversity Scholarship event, fundraiser lunch, 11:30 a.m., Bon-Macy’s downtown. For tickets, $80 each, contact 335-2103 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Spirit rally, 5-5:30 p.m., Washington State Connections store, downtown.
• President’s Associates hors d’oeuvres reception (sold out), 5:30-7:30 p.m., Space Needle, for President’s Associates, Alumni Association lifetime members and guests.
Saturday, Sept. 11
• Pre-game event, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Qwest Events Center, academic displays, children’s activities.
• WSU vs. Colorado Buffaloes football game, 12:30 p.m., Qwest Field. Tickets at 1-800-GO-COUGS, option 3.
• Cougar night at the Mariners, 7:05 p.m., Safeco Field, Mariners play Boston Red Sox. Ticket information: Mike Aceto, 206-346-4463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, visit http://www.wsu.edu/seattle.