Cyber security training required systemwide by Jan. 31
Following revisions to university executive policy, Washington State University employees are now required to complete annual cyber security awareness training on Human Resource Service’s new learning platform, Skillsoft Percipio.
In accordance with the goals of WSU Executive Policy 37 (EP37), all employees, including faculty, student employees, temporary hourly, and any others with WSU systems access, are required to complete cyber security training within six months of:
- The effective date of the revision to EP37 that adds the cyber security training requirement (Jan. 31, 2023); or
- The date of hire, if hired after the effective revision date
Implemented by Information Technology Services (ITS) and administered by Human Resource Services, the training will help WSU users better understand cyber security risks and threats such as those shown below. In fiscal year 2022, ITS technical teams and security systems:
- Detected 952,162 (98.9%) messages with URL threats
- Protected 114,189 (99.8%) messages with malicious attachments
- Protected 906,694 (98%) malicious emails prior to any click
- Detected 45,468 phishing emails with rewritten URLs
- Identified 217 instances of suspected accounts compromised
- Worked 21,094 WSU Abuse tickets
This annual training teaches users how to better identify phishing threats, false URLs, malicious senders, and other potential online dangers. By learning how to recognize common phishing techniques cybercriminals use, WSU employees will become better equipped to help combat information security breaches.
Per EP37, the policy change establishes high-level requirements for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and privacy of institutional data and the protection of WSU information systems, services, and devices that collect, store, process, share, or transmit institutional data. Read more on EP37.
At this time, students not employed by WSU do not have the option to complete the training.
For technical assistance, please contact the Crimson Service Desk via email at email@example.com or phone 509‑335‑4357.