The Carson College of Business at Washington State University will host its inaugural Marketing Symposium 9:45 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, in the CUB Jr. Ballroom on the Pullman campus.
The event, sponsored by the Department of Marketing and International Business (MIB), is free and open to the public and features three panels comprised of corporate marketing executives and a networking mixer.
“Marketing touches every aspect of the consumer world,” said Jeff Joireman, MIB department chair. “We are proud to launch the first annual symposium of marketing experts who will offer diverse professional perspectives and learning opportunities to the WSU community as well as the public.”
Wednesday’s event will welcome everyone at 9:45 a.m. The symposium will begin at 10 a.m. with opening remarks by Joireman and Kunter Gunasti, MIB faculty member and advisor to the WSU Marketing Club.
At 10:10 a.m., “Hidden Logic of Success: Exploring the Bottom of the Iceberg” will feature personal career success perspectives of experts with business/marketing degrees. Panelists include:
- Don Lionetti (’87), sales director, Microsoft
- Tristan Rees, CTO and cofounder, Armoire
- John Hale (’86), major account executive, Sharp, and Anna Arndt, WSU Marketing Club officer, will moderate the panel
At 11:10 a.m., “The Interconnections between Communication and Marketing” panel will feature personal career success perspectives of experts with diverse, nonbusiness backgrounds. Panelists include:
- Paul Warner, digital marketing manager, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Jen York (’08), marketing and communications coordinator, Shriners Hospitals
- Jenifer Bitzer (‘95), real estate broker, Keller Williams Realty
- Andi Day (’91), executive director, Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau, and Erin Walker, WSU Marketing Club officer, will moderate the panel
At 1:10 p.m., a networking mixer for students and industry professionals will be held at the CUB Jr. Ballroom.
At 2:10 p.m., “The Future of Digital Marketing” panel will feature corporate executives’ career insights on innovative, creative and forward-thinking initiatives. Panelists include:
- Mady Dewey, CEO and cofounder, Herd Social
- Tony Poston (‘08), executive director, CougsFirst!
- Evan Ernst (’06), CEO, Ernst Media
- Alex Fischer (’13), account executive, Amazon at Google, and director, Carson College National Marketing Board of Advisors, and Abby Martin, WSU Marketing Club vice president, will moderate the panel
The event will conclude at 3:10 p.m. after closing remarks by Gunasti and Joireman.