PULLMAN – Washington State University Pesticide Policy manual has been recently revised.
The updated version is posted on the Extension Policies and Procedures web page ( http://ext.wsu.edu/admin/ ) under Ag and Natural Resource Programs.
The manual compiles information on WSU’s pesticide policies and procedures into one reference document, which, if followed, will keep individuals and the institution in compliance with state and federal laws.
This policy is binding on all WSU personnel, regardless of the college or unit in which their position resides. Administrators, faculty, staff, and students, whether working in a paid or unpaid capacity, are encouraged to familiarize themselves with procedures regarding pesticide safety, use, recommendation, testing, recordkeeping and disposal.
Benefits of following this policy include:
• A clear understanding of institutional expectations for individual behaviors
• Coverage by WSU in the case of legal action
• Safety protection for employees and prevention of pesticide misuse
• A reduction in potential numbers and severity of accidents involving pesticides
• Improved or sustained environmental stewardship
Questions can be directed to Catherine H. Daniels, Pesticide Coordinator, at email@example.com or 253-445-4611.