Rachel Halverson and Ana Maria Rodriguez-Vivaldi, associate professors of foreign languages, have put together a spring foreign film and lecture series titled “Like a Duck Out of Water: Cinematic Explorations of Lives at Odds with the World Around Them.”
All films are free to the public and will be shown at 7 p.m. in Smith CUE.
* Feb 1, “Good-bye, Lenin!” (Wolfgang Becker, Germany, 2003).
* Feb. 8, “Kukushka / The Cuckoo” (Aleksandr Rogozhkin, Russia /Finland, 2002).
* Feb. 15, “Mediterraneo” (Gabriele Salvatores, Italy, 1991).
* Feb. 22, “Aiqing wansui /Vive l’amour” (Cai Mingliang /Ts’ai Ming-liang, Taiwan, 1994).
* March 1, “En la ciudad sin limites/The City of No Limits” (Antonio Hernandez, Spain/ Argentina, 2002).