WSU students and faculty statewide are coming back this week to a newly enhanced myWSU website.
This is the first major enhancement to the site since its introduction in 2012.
In response to student feedback, the update provides:
- a clean, simple homepage.
- intuitive navigation tiles.
- improved functionality.
- ease of access to essential information resources.
Every student home page now offers the following tiles, and the ability to add and remove them for a customized, personal homepage:
- Academic Advising – Review items such as advisor contact information and notes from advisors, academic progress reports, and application for graduation.
- Academic Records – Pages available by clicking on this tile include grade history, GPA and transcript request forms.
- Financial Account – Make a payment, review charges or set up direct deposit.
- Financial Aid – Easy access for students to review financial aid awards.
- Manage Classes – Search for classes, build schedules, review current class list and weekly schedule.
- Profile – Students will still be able to easily review and update all personal and contact information.
- Tasks – This tile offers information on any holds or to-do list items.
- My Comm Center – Students can review any official WSU emails or letters sent through myWSU.
Another big win for WSU’s students is that the new design is now device-aware. Users can log in on any device (laptop, tablet or phone) and myWSU will resize and optimize the user view based on that device. Now, regardless of location or the device being use, students have the ability to see their homepage options and get to self-service information such as financial aid tasks, advising appointments, class schedules, and more.
New students applying to WSU now enjoy a unique home page based on their application status, reducing worry or confusion as they navigate joining WSU’s academic life.
For more information, please visit the ITS website.