Sharon Davidson Hoffman, provost and vice president of academic affairs at
Hoffman will be interviewed 2:30-4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21, in the Phase I Auditorium on the WSU Spokane campus. Employees and community members are invited to attend the interview or watch it via live videostreaming or WHETS.Hoffman will begin with a 45-minute PowerPoint presentation titled “The Changing Face of Higher Education,” followed by a 45-minute open question-and-answer period.
Hoffman education includes:
* Bachelor of Science, 1967, California State University, Los Angeles
* M.S., nursing, 1972, Medical Surgical University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
* M.B.A., marketing,1989, Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, Durham, North Carolina
* Ph.D., cognitive psyschology, 1981, College of Education, University of Minnesota
* Certificate, Institute for Management of Education, 1981, Harvard University
Her career has included the following positions:
* 1971-83, assistant dean for outreach, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
* 1983-86, associate dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and associate professor, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio, Texas
* 1986-94, dean and professor, College of Nursing, professor of Health Services Administration, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston
* 1994-99, dean and professor, School of Nursing, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
* 1999-2002, senior vice president for academic affairs, Spalding University, Louisville, Ken.
* 2002-Present, provost and vice president for academic affairs,
Hoffman’s resume also reflects a long list of awards, honors, publications and grants.People who would like to submit questions in advance for the interview should send them via e-mail to PresidentsOffice@wsu.edu, by 5 p.m. Monday Sept. 20.
To watch the interview via videostreaming, go to http://experience.wsu.edu/calendar/expcalendarNEW.asp?y=2004&m=9&d=21. If that does not work, go to http://experience.wsu.edu, click on the “Events Calendar” link on the left list, click on the appropriate number for the date, then select the format in which you wish to view the presentation. WHETS sessions will be held at the following locations: WSU Pullman (EME B46), WSU Tri-Cities (209W), WSU Vancouver (CL 117).
WHETS sessions will be held at the following locations: WSU Pullman (EME B46), WSU Tri-Cities (209W), WSU Vancouver (CL 117).