PULLMAN, Wash. – Members of the Washington State University Board of Regents will meet virtually and in-person at WSU Health Sciences Spokane May 6 and 7.
Regents are expected to set tuition rates for the 2021-2022 academic year, review designs for WSU Vancouver’s new Life Sciences Building and consider revised athletics budgets and financial planning, among other actions. A complete agenda is available on the Board of Regents website.
Members of the public can watch committee meetings as well as the Friday Board of Regents meeting live on Youtube. Committee meetings begin at 9 a.m. Thursday will run throughout the afternoon. Friday’s Board of Regents meeting begins at 9 a.m.
Anyone interested in addressing the board during Friday’s meeting can sign up ahead of time to speak during the public comment period. The request to provide public comment form is available on the Board of Regents website.
This notice is being sent by the direction of the chair of the Board of Regents pursuant to the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Act, chapter 42.30 RCW.
Questions about the Board of Regents meeting and schedule may be directed to Desiree Jacobsen, executive assistant to the Board of Regents by calling 509-335-6662.
The agenda for Friday’s Board of Regents meeting is as follows:
- Report from the Chair of the Board of Regents
- Report from the WSU Spokane Chancellor
- Report from the President
II. Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes – March 12, 2021 Board of Regents meeting
- Establish a Master of Applied Economics degree
- Establish a Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering degree
- Establish a Master of Science in Business Administration degree
- Commendation for former Regent Mike Worthy
- Commendation for former Regent Scott Carson
- Commendation for former Regent Ted Baseler
- Commendation for former Student Regent Johanna Pantig
III. Reports from Shared Governance Groups
IV. Student Affairs and Student Life Committee Report
V. Research and Academic Affairs Committee Report
VI. Institutional Infrastructure Committee Report
- Action Item:
- WSU Vancouver Life Sciences Building schematic design approval
VII. Strategic and Operational Excellence Committee Report
- Action Items:
- Rename the Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health to the Paul G. Allen School for Global Health and Rename the Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health Building to the Paul G. Allen Center for Global Health
- Election of Officers
VIII. Finance and Compliance Committee Report
- Action Items
- Academic Year 2021-2022 tuition rates
- Services and Activities Fees rates for Academic Year 2021-2022
- Services and Activities Fees Committee allocations for Summer 2021 and Academic Year 2021-2022
- WSU Pullman Cougs Against Hunger Student Food Pantry Fee
- WSU Pullman Undergraduate Technology Fee Committee allocations for Fiscal Year 2021
- WSU Vancouver Technology Fee Committee allocations for Fiscal Year 2021
- WSU Pullman proposed changes to parking system rates and fines
- Northwest Public Broadcasting – Payroll Protection Program
- FY 2021 Revised Athletic Budget Approval
- FY 2022 Athletic Budget Approval
- Financing Plan – COVID-19 related losses in Athletics
IX. Other Business
X. Public Comment Period
Phil Weiler, vice president for marketing and communications, 509-595-1708, firstname.lastname@example.org