A test of the WSU Alert system on the Pullman campus will be taking place this week.
At noon on Wednesday, Nov. 9, Emergency Management will be running a test of the university’s alert systems. This test will be sent through WSU Alert, WSU Pullman’s Campus Outdoor Warning System, Alertus and the university’s social media platforms. The outdoor warning system includes five outdoor warning sirens with the capability of making public addresses.
WSU conducts tests of its alert systems each semester to ensure the university community becomes familiar with its function. Emergency messages that are not part of a test will provide information on the actions students, faculty, staff and visitors should take.
Signing up to receive alerts for the WSU community is a straightforward process:
- Go to the myWSU portal and sign in using your network ID and password
- Click on the “Emergency Information” box.
- Click “Update now” to sign up or update your contact information.
- Complete the Washington State University student emergency notification form
- Once you have completed entering your contact information, please click ‘SUBMIT’. Your information has now been recorded and you are signed up to receive emergency notifications
For more information on the WSU Alerts system, as well as information on how to sign up for alerts on specific campuses, visit the university’s website.