A (H1N1) Cases as of 8 a.m. May 7
896 confirmed cases in 41 states
General safety measures
* Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the used tissue in the trash.
* Wash your hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners should also be used between hand-washings.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
* Try to avoid close contact with those who are ill. Maintain a distance of three feet whenever possible.
* Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through the coughing or sneezing of infected people.
* If you become ill, the Centers for Disease Control recommend that you stay home from work or school and limit your contact with others.
The number of confirmed cases of A(H1N1) swine flu in the United States has multiplied over the past two days as the CDC has been delivering testing equipment throughout the nation.
on Flu Outbreak
For up-to-the-minute news on the A(H1N1) flu outbreak worldwide, go to the WSU Today news news search and RSS feed page. Click the flolliwng link OR the link in the left-hand navigation bar title “Flu Update.”
The following countries have reported laboratory-confirmed cases with no deaths – Austria (1), Canada (201), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Colombia (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (5), Germany (9), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (4), Italy (5), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (5), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (2), Spain (73), Sweden (1), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (28).