Business and Economics
• Eric Spangenberg is dean of the College of Business and Economics, and David Whidbee, associate professor of finance, is associate dean for faculty affairs and research in the college. Spangenberg had served as associate dean for faculty affairs and research since 2002 and, most recently, as senior associate dean of the college. Len Jessup, former dean, recently was named president of the Washington State University Foundation and vice president for university development.
• James P. Kehrer, director of the Center for Molecular and Cellular Toxicology and Gustavus and Louise Pfeiffer Professor of Toxicology at the University of Texas at Austin, has accepted the position of dean of the College of Pharmacy. Former Dean Bill Fassett rejoined the faculty May 15, and WSU Spokane Chancellor Brian Pitcher served as acting dean through the summer
• Daniel J. Bernardo, a professor and department head in agricultural economics at Kansas State University and WSU alumnus, is dean of the College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences. James J. Zuiches stepped down from the deanship in August 2003, and R. James Cook had served as interim dean since then.
• Erich J. Lear has accepted a two-year appointment as dean of the College of Liberal Arts. He served as interim dean since August 2004 when Barbara Couture, former dean, was named senior vice chancellor for academic affairs for the University of Nebraska Lincoln.
Engineering and Architecture
• Candis Claiborn has accepted the post of interim dean of the College of Engineering and Architecture. Claiborn has been the college’s associate dean for research and graduate programs and a professor of civil and environmental engineering. Anjan Bose was dean until earlier this year. The search for a dean is continuing.