Call for Abstracts
2015 Dr. William R. Wiley Research Exposition
Friday, February 20
The WSU Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) would like to invite you to present your research at the 2015 Dr. William R. Wiley Research Exposition. The Wiley Research Exposition provides WSU students the opportunity to present their research and scholarship among their peers, alumni, faculty and the WSU community.
All students currently enrolled at any of the Washington State University campuses are eligible to present at the Wiley Research Exposition. Graduate and professional students are eligible to compete for scholarships from GPSA. This year undergraduate students will be eligible to compete for scholarships provided by The Associated Students of Washington State University (ASWSU). ASWSU will be awarding a $1000 first place scholarship for the top oral and poster presentations by undergraduate students. Presentations can be formatted as oral or poster presentations.Graduate, professional, and undergraduate students competing for awards will be judged by WSU alumni and emeritus faculty.
Graduate and Professional scholarship awards will be given for first and second place in each of the following categories. This year we have partnered with the Office of International Programs to create an eighth category that highlights cross-cultural collaborations and co-authorship of research that has a global impact. Students may submit one oral presentation and one poster presentation; however, the two presentations must each address different research questions. Students presenting in both formats have a chance to win multiple awards!
Oral Presentation Awards:
First Place: $1,000
Second Place: $500
Poster Presentation Awards:
First Place: $800
Second Place: $400
1. Medical & Life Sciences: Botany; Biological Systems Engineering; Biology; Entomology; Food Science; Human Nutrition; Molecular Biosciences; Pharmacology & Toxicology; Pharmacy; Veterinary Medicine; Zoology
2. Engineering & Physical Sciences: Chemical Engineering; Chemistry; Civil & Environmental Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical & Materials Engineering; Physics
3. Agricultural & Natural Sciences: Animal Sciences; Crop & Soil Sciences; Environmental & Natural Resource Sciences; Geology; Horticulture; Molecular Plant Sciences; Plant Pathology
4. Social Sciences: Anthropology; Communication; Counseling; Psychology; Criminal Justice; Educational Leadership; Human Development; Psychology; Sociology; Teaching & Learning
5. Liberal Arts & Humanities: American Studies; English; Foreign Languages & Literatures; History; Philosophy; Music
6. Visual Arts & Design: Apparel, Merchandising, & Textiles; Architecture; Fine Arts; Landscape Architecture, Interior Design
7. Administrative & Information Sciences: Accounting; Business Administration; Computer Science;Economics; Mathematics; Statistics
8. International Research and Cross-Cultural Collaborations: This category highlights cross-cultural collaborations and co-authorships of research that has a global impact. This category was created and sponsored by the Office of International Programs. Graduate, professional, and undergraduate students can apply to this category. If you have any questions about category please contact Kate Hellman at email@example.com or Erin Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be a part of this exciting experience, submit your abstract(s) between
December 1, 2014 and January 23, 2015.
For more information on the 2015 Dr. William R. Wiley Research Exposition including the abstract submission form, guidelines, frequently asked questions and category descriptions, please visit the GPSA’s Website. All items are currently on the GPSA website. The abstract submission form is already available on the GPSA website.
Abstract Submission Form: https://orgsync.com/39017/forms/107151
Wiley Research Exposition Co-Chairs
Davi Kallman and Robert Zinna
If you have any questions for Davi or Robert please contact them through the following emails:
Participant related questions: email@example.com
General Committee questions: firstname.lastname@example.org