Information Technology Services (ITS), Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI), and WSU Faculty Senate are pleased to announce that Canvas will be WSU’s sole Learning Management System (LMS) beginning Fall 2021.
WSU’s current Blackboard access will expire on Aug 21. In preparation for this, users who want to export Blackboard course data should contact email@example.com now to begin the migration before Blackboard becomes unavailable.
To best meet the needs of students, Global Campus courses will remain in Blackboard for Summer 2021. Global Campus instructors will receive communication about the Canvas migration process this week.
- Courses in Canvas are now created in myWSU. Please contact your department course scheduler or campus course scheduler to create a Canvas course for Summer 2021 or Fall 2021.
- Your scheduler can assist with merging multiple sections of the same course into a single Canvas course space.
- For assistance migrating an existing Blackboard course to Canvas for Summer or Fall 2021, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to include the Blackboard Course ID as well as the Canvas ID destination.
- Course migrations can take up to two weeks.
- Faculty and staff can create sandbox course spaces by completing the “sandbox course” request form.
Resources & support
- Canvas can be accessed at canvas.wsu.edu.
- Grades inputted in Canvas can by synced directly with myWSU.
- Detailed instructions can be found in the Canvas Grades Knowledge Base.
- For a complete list of Canvas integrations, visit the LMS transition website.
- Trainings and workshops can be found on the Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI) Training Schedule.
- Tutorials and additional resources are available today at AOI’s LMS tutorial page and the Canvas Knowledge Base.
- Use the Campus-Based Course Template in Canvas Commons to encourage consistency in navigation for WSU students.
- Canvas course design assistance can be requested by contacting AOI Learning Innovations.