PULLMAN, Wash. –Washington State University Transportation Services wants to inform customers that some select parking lots on the Pullman campus will be signed as “No snow maintenance” and others will be closed completely this fall and winter. The “No snow maintenance” lots will remain open for use but will not be plowed during or after snow events.
This decision has been made due to the budget impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the lack of demand for parking. This temporary change will not only reduce expenses for snow removal, it will also reduce expenses for necessary lot maintenance in the spring.
Each parking lot was strategically selected to continue to ensure adequate customer parking as well as to realize savings on maintenance and snow removal costs.
Below is a list of affected parking lots:
- Green 3 gravel parking lot at the corner of College and Spokane
- Green 3 gravel parking lot at the corner of Columbia and Spokane
- Green 3 gravel parking lot west of the Commons building
- Green 4 gravel parking lot at the corner of Thatuna and Colorado
- Green 5 gravel parking lot at the corner of Cross Road and Ferdinand’s Lane.
No snow maintenance
Green Parking Lots
- Green 1 parking lot located south of the L.J. Smith building
- Green 2 parking lot at the intersection of Nevada and Stadium Way
- Northern half of Green 3 parking lot located west of the Washington building
- Western half of Green 3 parking lot located south of Daggy
- Green 4 parking lot behind Transportation Services building
- Northeastern half of the Green 5 parking lot located south of Beasley Coliseum
Yellow Parking Lots
- Eastern half the Yellow 1 parking lot located east of the indoor practice facility
- Northern half the Yellow 3 parking lot on Spring St.
- Yellow 3 Parking lot off of Reaney Way next to the Power Plant
- Middle portion of Yellow 4 parking lot located east of the Alumni Center
- Yellow 5 parking lot located east of the Behavior Lab
Red Parking Lots
- Red 1 parking lot next to the Incinerator
- Northern half of the Red 1 parking lot located east of Cooper Publications
- Northern half of the Red 1 parking lot located south of the Grimes Way Feed Plant
- Bottom two bays of the Red 4 parking lot
- Eastern half of the Red 5 parking by the outdoor tennis courts
Blue Parking Lots
- Bottom three bays of the Blue 1 parking lot located in the south of campus
- Blue 1 parking lot located west of the South Fairway Intramural Playfield
Crimson Parking Lots
- Crimson 2 parking lot south of Stephenson Complex (bottom half)
- Crimson 2 parking lot south of Rogers Hall (top half)
- Southern half of Crimson 2 parking lot at Olympia Avenue Residence Hall
- Eastern half of Crimson 3 parking lot located south of Stimson Hall
Gray Parking Lots
- Southern portion of the Gray 1 parking lot located east of Beasley Coliseum
- Gray 2 lot located off of Forest Way
Other Parking Lots
- Parking lot next to the Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center
Please see the 2020 – 2021 Snow Removal map for exact locations of the above parking lots.
- Cody Wilson, WSU Transportation Services, 509-335-PARK (7275), firstname.lastname@example.org