Information Technology Services is introducing Microsoft Teams as a service for the university beginning Jan. 8, 2020.
Teams brings together a collaborative workspace, file management, project and task tools, persistent chat (IM), and a new type of online meeting space all into one solution, making it easier for people to communicate and collaborate.
Training sessions for the new Microsoft Teams service will be offered in IT Building, room 2061, on the following dates and times:
- Friday, January 10, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (Zoom Meeting ID: 276 622 984)
- Tuesday, January 14, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (Zoom Meeting ID: 820 354 306)
- Thursday, January 16, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (Zoom Meeting ID: 112 615 950)
- Wednesday, January 22, 11:00 am to 12:00 pm (Zoom Meeting ID: 570 904 885)
- Friday, January 24, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (Zoom Meeting ID: 750 307 170)
Replacing Skype for Business
On Jan. 27, Skype for Business users will have their contacts and scheduled meetings migrated to Teams. The following items will take place on that date:
Contacts in Skype for Business will automatically be migrated to Teams. The migrated contacts will show up shortly after users login to the Teams service.
Existing meetings in Skype for Business will also be automatically migrated to Teams.
Since dial-in conferencing is not available at this time in WSU’s Teams environment, ITS recommends that you use Zoom to meet your dial-in conferencing needs.
During the period in January where both services are available, users can have both clients open and running. However, Teams does not communicate with Skype for Business, so there is no messaging or meetings between Skype for Business and Teams.
On Jan. 8, Teams will be enabled for all students and employees at WSU. At this time, we encourage Skype for Business users to set up their accounts and begin familiarizing with the new service.
On Jan. 27, Skype for Business users will be migrated to Teams. Skype for Business will no longer be available for employee use on Jan. 27.
Getting Started with Teams on Jan. 8
Visit the ITS website to get started using the Teams service to communicate and collaborate at WSU. You will find information such as:
- Downloading Teams for PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Teams quick start guide
- Configuring Teams notifications
- Requesting a Team for your organization via the Crimson Service Desk
- Help and other resources
Questions or support needs can be directed to Crimson Service Desk at 509-335-HELP or CrimsonServiceDesk@wsu.edu.