Domanic Thomas has accepted the position as Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment at WSU Vancouver. He will begin his position Aug. 8.
In this role, Thomas will be responsible for the holistic development of students, providing programs and services that empower them to realize their educational goals and personal potential. He will oversee about 50 student affairs and enrollment staff members. His portfolio includes:
- Admissions recruitment/processing
- Student Financial Services (financial aid, scholarships, student accounts)
- International student designated school official/advising
- Student diversity/equity
- Student life
- Student government
- Student recreation/fitness
- Student Resource Center (advising, career, new student programs), Student Wellness Center (health, counseling, access)
- Student Care Team/AWARE
- Title IX
- Veterans Affairs
Education is Thomas’ personal and professional passion. As a first-generation college student himself, he looks forward to serving students who are much like him.
Thomas has worked for public and private institutions both large and small in Arizona, California and Oregon. He most recently served as Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator at Willamette University in Salem, Ore. Thomas earned a Bachelor of Science in General Science from Oregon State University, a Masters of Education in Higher Education Administration from University of Arizona and a Doctor of Education in Postsecondary Education from Portland State University.