SPOKANE, Wash. — After 15 years in the heart of downtown Spokane, Washington State University Spokane will occupy 5,500 square feet on the second and third floors of the Riverfront Office Building, completing its move out of the Metropolitan Financial Center during Thanksgiving week.
Units moving into the building, located at 534 E. Trent, include the offices of the campus executive officer and dean, communications, human resources, finance and budget, development and the statewide office of the Small Business Development Center.
Offices for WSU Spokane were first leased in what was then the Farm Credit Bank Building, 601 W. First, in 1987, even before the campus was officially established through legislation passed in 1989. WSU Spokane eventually leased all or part of six floors in the building.
As buildings were constructed on the Riverpoint campus, programs and services moved there. WSU Spokane vacated three floors of its downtown location with the move of a number of programs to the new Health Sciences Building early in 2002, keeping only the first floor.
WSU Spokane’s legislative priority for the upcoming session is the approval of construction funding for the Academic Center, which would house these units along with an expanded campus library and academic programs once completed.
The new mailing address for all campus buildings is P.O. Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210-1495.
Related web sites:
WSU Spokane: www.spokane.wsu.edu