PULLMAN, Wash. — No one was injured, but one Washington State University student apartment was slightly damaged today when grease caught fire while a student was cooking.

Fire officials reported that Quoc Tran was preparing a meal in a Chinook Village apartment when grease caught fire shortly before 4 p.m. He was able to put the fire out before firefighters from Washington State University and Pullman arrived.

Damage is reported to be between $500-$1,000, with no structural damage. Tran, a guest, was alone in the apartment when the fire started. WSU Housing officials will offer housing for the apartment’s occupants until the unit is repaired.