Skip to main content Skip to navigation
NWPR announces second expansion in a month
July 13, 2010

 

 


NWPR station history
and facilities

Except for the 1922 station that is now KWSU and the University of Idaho station (KUID) that became KRFA in 1984, these new coverage projects (including the 1994 KRFA power upgrade) have been funded through a combination of community donations and federal assistance from the Public Telecommunications Facilities Program. Community leadership from individuals, foundations and commercial businesses has been crucial to extending public radio services throughout the Northwest Public Radio coverage area.

1922

KWSU-AM 1250:  The original station in our network and among the first radio stations … » More …