During an unveiling and reception, the WSU Museum of Art extended its thanks to WSU alumni Roger and Nancy MacPherson; WSU President Emeritus Samuel H. Smith and Pat Smith, and Marian E. Smith, whose vision and generosity have made the current collection possible.
PULLMAN, Wash. – Several new glass art pieces, as well as new permanent display cases, were unveiled May 22 as part of the Marian E. Smith Glass Collection, located in the Smith Center for Undergraduate Education Atrium.
This collection, overseen by the WSU Museum of Art, features a wide variety of contemporary glass works, was initiated with a donation from Marian E. Smith. Through ongoing donations the collection has continued to grow, highlighting the works many influential Pacific Northwest glass artists.
To learn more about the Marian E. Smith Glass Collection, visit the WSU Museum of Art website at museum.wsu.edu, as well as the museum’s account on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
The Smith Center for Undergraduate Education is located across from the Compton Union Building, behind the Public Safety Building.
For more information please contact the museum at (509) 335-1910.