Spring photo gallery; snowpack dangerously low
Photos by Robert Hubner and Shelly Hanks, WSU Photo Services
Snow moisture map courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculuture
- SeaTac Airport was 47.0°F, ranking as the warmest January on record since 1891, and 6.1°F above the normal average January temperature.
- Bellingham’s January average temperature (45.3°F) tied 1986 for the warmest January since records began in 1949.
- Olympia (43.7°F), Quillayute (46.3°F), and Hoquiam (46.5°F) all ranked as the second warmest January since records began in 1948, 1966, and 1953, respectively.
- Eastern Washington was also warmer than normal in January
- Walla Walla (41.6°F) ranked as the 6th warmest since 1949.
- Spokane (35.1°F) and Yakima (36.0°F) both ranked as the 8th warmest January since 1881
and 1946, respectively.
Wenatchee (34.2°F) ranked as the 12th warmest since 1931