There will be a workshop on writing for the web and making it ADA accessible from 3 – 4 p.m. Jan. 4 in the Spark Academic Innovation Hub, Room 212. The workshop also will be available to all campuses via live-stream.
This workshop provides an introduction to the best practices for writing accessible web content. Whether you are an experienced web writer, or you update content on your department’s website only once a semester, learn what you need to know to ensure that your unit’s websites are accessible, organized, and succinct.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to create descriptive links
- How to create a clear heading structure
- Appropriate line length for the web
- How to write concise and logical text
- How to convey meaning without using color alone
- Additional web writing and content organizing tips