- 08-16-11 The Independent – WSU’s Eric Spangenberg has been researching the effect of smell on customer behaviour since 1996.
- 08-16-11 Aginfo – McMorris Rodgers talks in DC about ag at WSU.
- 08-15-11 Capital Press – Washington’s commercial tree fruit growers asked to contribute $32 million for added research at WSU.
- 08-15-11 Infection Control Today – A team of researchers from WSU is exploring the antimicrobial properties of garlic compounds.
- 08-15-11 Washington Post – WSU becomes the first in the country to offer an organic agriculture certificate online.
08-15-11 Digital Journal – WSU is using the book Poisoned as part of their curriculum this year
08-15-11 The Associated Press – WSU one university offering degrees focused on organic and sustainable agriculture.
- 08-14-11 The Epoch Times – A plant-breeding and seed specialist at WSU suggests saving the seeds of the best crops in your garden.
- 08-15-11 KUOW NPR – WSU Professor Jeff Sanders has his students draw a map of Washington state each year.
- 08-12-11 UQ News – University of Queensland and WSU strengthen relationship
08-12-11 The Columbian – WSUV facilities worker quietly donates his own time to maintain nearby trails
08-12-11 Peninsula Daily – WSU Small Farms Program to do “rapid market assessment” at Port Townsend Farmer’s Market.
08-11-11 Cougfan – WSU’s Brayton remains in intensive care
- 08-11-11 Science Daily – Scientists from WSU Vancouver and UC-Davis investigate phosphorus concentrations in California rivers
- 08-11-11 KASA – WSU part of agribusiness consortium hosting Iraqi ag faculty
(For previous media headlines, click on the “WSU in the Media” link in the left-hand navigation column)
- 08-16-11 Los Angeles Times – College: Expensive, but a smart choice
- 08-16-11 Inside Higher Ed – Romance vs. STEM
- 08-16-11 Chronicle of Higher Ed – Admissions Offers to Foreign Students at U.S. Graduate Schools Climb at Faster Pace
- 08-11-11 Chronicle of Higher Ed – NCAA Adopts Academic Requirement for Tournament-Bound Teams
- 08-15-11 The Spokesman Review – WSU backs have a little thunder and lightning in them
- 08-14-11 Seattle Times – Rickey Galvin could be a ground-game force for WSU football
- 08-14-11 The Spokesman Review – Cougars developing quality depth at receiver
- 08-14-11 The Spokesman Review – Tuel could be ready to join Cougar greats
- 08-14-11 The Spokesman Review – WSU will induct 31 Pioneer Cougars into the WSU Athletic Hall of Fame in September.
- 08-13-11 The Spokesman Review – Cougars know it’s all on the line
(For a current list of WSU athletic news and media headlines, click on the “Sports Headlines” link in the left-hand navigation column.)
- 08-14-11 The Spokesman Review – Melad, a 24-year-old college student from Iraq, studied journalism at WSU.