PULLMAN, Wash. – Membership of the group charged with ensuring implementation of Washington State University’s 2014-19 Strategic Plan has been finalized. The Institutional Effectiveness Council will begin work immediately.
“We built the strategic plan to be a dynamic document that is fully implemented,” said Dan Bernardo, WSU provost and executive vice president. “The IEC is the administrative entity responsible for making sure that happens.”
The IEC subcommittee rosters are available from links on the IEC page.
The council’s steering committee is comprised of senior leadership who will lead implementation of the individual goals within the strategic plan. They are:
• Provost Bernardo, chair
• Vice President for Research Chris Keane, Theme I Subcommittee chair
• Vice Provost for Academic Affairs Erica Austin, Theme 2 Subcommittee chair
• Vice President for External Affairs and Government Relations Colleen Kerr, Theme 3 Subcommittee chair
• College of Education Dean Mike Trevisan and Executive Director of Finance and Administration Vicky Murray, Theme 4 Subcommittee co-chairs
• Executive Director of Institutional Research Fran Hermanson, supervisor of institution-level metrics
• WSU Tri-Cities Chancellor Keith Moo Young
• Faculty Senate Chair Craig Parks
The IEC is charged with:
• Coordinating strategic planning implementation, required accountability reporting and decision support
• Reducing redundancy and increasing efficiency, transparency and accountability among strategic planning, institutional management, university accreditation and other state and federal reporting requirements and
• Optimizing the usefulness of data and reports systemwide at all levels.
More about the IEC and its role is included in Provost Bernardo’s “From the Provost” blog post.