Aug. 15 deadline: Nominations sought for advising awards
PULLMAN, Wash. – Nominations for outstanding academic advisors will be accepted through Aug. 15 by Washington State University’s Academic Advising Association (ACADA). Award recipients will be entered to compete for regional and national awards.
Send nominations/applications to Yung-Hwa Anna Chow at campus zip 2421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This should include a 1- or 2-page letter providing examples of the applicant’s use of developmental advising, involvement in and use of the university network in advising students, and encouragement of students’ responsibility for their education. Include the name, college, department, email and phone number of the nominee.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
New advisor (advising for three or fewer years)
1. Academic Advising Primary Role – Individuals whose primary role at WSU is academic advising.
2. Faculty Academic Advising – Individuals whose primary responsibility is teaching but who spend a portion of their time at WSU providing academic advising/mentoring/support services to students.
Advisor (advising for more than 3 years)
1. Academic Advising Primary Role
2. Faculty Academic Advising
3. Academic Advising Administrator – Individuals who may provide direct academic advising services but whose primary responsibility is as an administrator or director responsible for an academic advising program at WSU.