The MLK Program at Washington State University is currently accepting nominations for the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Distinguished Service Awards. Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 8, 2020. Click here to submit a nomination.
The Distinguished Service Awards recognize individuals and groups from across the WSU system who continue the work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in an extraordinary way. Award recipients must promote human rights and social justice in one or more of the following areas:
- Altruism and community service—outstanding accomplishments or leadership in serving others and promoting greater justice and social equality.
- Advancement of diversity—notable achievements in creating a supportive climate for underrepresented groups, as well as recruiting, mentoring, and retaining diverse populations.
- Education and inclusion—exceptional efforts of teaching, leadership, or programs that encourage an understanding of and quest for human rights and social justice for all people.
Awards will be distributed in each of the following categories:
- A currently enrolled WSU student
- A current WSU faculty member
- A current WSU staff member
- A current group or organization affiliated with WSU
- An individual or group from the surrounding community
Completed nomination forms should cite specific efforts and accomplishments of the nominee. If you have any questions, please contact Allen Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-335-2517; or Heather McPherson at email@example.com, 509-334-0279.