Housing and Residence Life is recruiting new Resident Advisors for the 2021-22 school year. Becoming an RA is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity that teaches students communication, team building, and conflict mediation skills. RAs also receive a dining plan and housing in the residence hall they’re assigned to.
If you know a student who’d make a great RA, please encourage them to apply! Students can apply through Handshake (position #4185332). Applications are open through Jan. 15, 2021.
RAs must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a minimum semester GPA of 2.0 based on credits earned at WSU.
- Status as a full-time student, carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Ability to attend pre-service training
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
Characteristics we look for:
- Positive attitude
- Open minded
- Creative problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Diversity of all kinds/people from all backgrounds
If students have questions about what it’s like to be an RA at WSU, we’re here to help! They can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a response from current RAs.