In response to the high volume of WSU students, faculty, and staff who work with healthcare and other sensitive information, Information Technology Services now offers a better teleconferencing experience.
Beginning March 25, the WSU Zoom Services Team will be able to accept requests to migrate users over to a HIPAA‑compliant version of Zoom.
Departments can submit a request to email@example.com for identified users to shift over to the new service. When submitting a request, please include names and emails of those needing to be added to HIPAA‑compliant Zoom services.
The following changes will occur to the user when they are hosting a meeting:
- Cloud recordings will become unavailable
- User data will not be available on the Zoom dashboard, so technical support for HIPAA compliant meetings will be limited
- Some WSU room systems will be unable to join a HIPAA compliant meeting. Any requests for rooms to join these meeting types need to be vetted through the WSU Zoom Team
- Chat will be encrypted—no screen captures or images will be allowed in the meeting
- HIPAA compliant meetings will be required to have a PIN protecting the meeting entry
If you have questions or concerns about Zoom and HIPAA compliance, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.