By Chantell Cosner, Division of Student Affairs
A series of community forums are scheduled beginning Wednesday, Oct. 24, to welcome candidates for the associate vice president of campus life/dean of students for the Division of Student Affairs.
The forums follow a comprehensive national search and interview process conducted with the assistance of national executive search firm Issacson, Miller.
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend open information forums and engage with the candidates during their visits and obtain valuable feedback. Dates and locations, as well as more information about the candidates can be found at on the Student Affairs website.
About the position
The associate vice president of campus life/dean of students will provide visionary leadership within the division and serve as an ambassador and advocate for students within and beyond the university community. This position will report directly to Mary Jo Gonzales, vice president for Student Affairs.
The reimagined role will:
- Be a highly visible advocate, champion and partner for all students in creating a transformative student experience.
- Implement and manage a new holistic student conduct and community standards process.
- Lead campuswide student crisis management.
- Advance Campus Life, enhance related student life programs (including fraternity, sorority and residential life) and ensure their integration across the university.
- Create, develop and inspire a united team.