PULLMAN, Wash. – WSU Cougar fans planning to attend this Saturday’s football game need to remember that Washington State Athletics will be implementing a new clear-bag policy for fans entering Martin Stadium.
“The addition of this policy is another effort to enhance the gameday environment and provide the safest experience possible at Martin Stadium,“ said WSU Athletic Director Pat Chun. “This is in line with best practices throughout the country.”
Permitted under the new policy
Fans may carry the following sizes and styles of bags into Martin Stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 14” x 8” x 14”
- Clear drawstring bags that do not exceed 14” x 14”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle strap, that do not exceed 4.5” x 6.5” (the approximate size of a hand)
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection upon entrance
The following are among the items no longer allowed:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer/camera bags
- Binocular cases
- Any bag larger than the permissible size
Fans will still be allowed to bring in personal items such as keys, cell phones, wallet, makeup, to name a few, in their pockets if they choose not to use a clear bag. Additional items such as diapers, wipes and other supplies for babies and small children, should be placed in an approved clear bag.
The first 10,000 fans at Martin Stadium for this week’s game will receive approved WSU clear bags, as will football season ticket holders, who will be guaranteed one per account. For more information see the WSU Cougars website for updates.
- Jessica Holmes, assistant director of athletics, 509-335-0255, email@example.com