VANCOUVER, Wash. – Learn how to harness employee engagement through culture at WSU Vancouver’s upcoming Business Growth MAP Alliance forum.
The event will be held 8:30-10 a.m. Wednesday, June 20, at the Columbia Bank Community Room, 101 E. Sixth St., Vancouver.
The forum will identify the steps needed to strategically nurture an organizational culture that reflects leadership while building employee loyalty. It is the inaugural event in MAP Alliance’s 10-part leadership series, which will continue throughout the 2018/19 academic year. Future topics and dates include:
- July 18 – Strategic planning.
- Sept. 19 – Achieving results.
- Oct. 17 – Delegating, results and performance accountability.
- Nov. 21 – Global Entrepreneurship Week event.
- Jan. 16, 2019 – Developing employees.
- Feb. 20, 2019 – Team dynamics.
- March 20, 2019 – Strategic decision making.
- April 17, 2019 – Communications.
- May 15, 2019 – Leading change.
This month’s speaker, Lisa Schauer, is the president of PointNorth Consulting, a leadership development firm. She has worked in government, private industry and not-for-profit organizations. Previously she was the chief operating officer and senior vice president at MacKay Sposito. Schauer is also the board director for the Children’s Center, founder and president of H-RoC and chair of the WSU Vancouver Advisory Council.
The forum is open to all. Register online at business.vancouver.wsu.edu/bgmap and click the link “Upcoming events.” Cost is $10 per person in advance or $15 per person at the door. There is no cost for students with a valid WSU student ID.
The Business Growth MAP Alliance brings together small businesses and entrepreneurs to learn from each other, industry experts and WSU Vancouver faculty.