PULLMAN, Wash. – Access to the myWSU website will be turned off 8 p.m.-midnight Thursday, May 31, as Information Technology Services transitions to a new, mobile friendly myWSU homepage design.
The new site, designed by ITS, is slated to launch June 1, with new custom features for students, faculty and staff universitywide.
Work is expected to be complete and user access restored by midnight May 31.
To fully enjoy the benefits of the new design, visitors should clear their Web browser cache when logging into myWSU.
Along with the changes, noted below for each user group, ITS will provide how-to videos via the ITS project updates webpage prior to the slated rollout date.
New myWSU features for user groups include:
Streamlined navigation connecting students to desired information faster. Upon login, the student home screen shows all Student Center notifications including unread emails, holds, to-do items and any charges due.
Students also will have access to such home screen tiles as:
• Academic Advising – advisor contact information, advisor notes, academic progress reports and application for graduation.
• Academic Records – grade history, GPA and transcript request forms.
• Financial Account – make payments, review charges or set up direct deposit.
• Financial Aid – review financial aid awards.
• Manage Classes – search for classes, build schedules, review the current class list and weekly schedule.
• Profile – review and update personal and contact information anytime.
• Tasks – provides a list of tasks on hold or to-do list items.
• My Comm Center – links to official WSU emails or letters sent through myWSU.
The myWSU faculty homepage is changing, but everything else will remain the same, including your favorites links.
One new feature is the Faculty Center tile, providing a shortcut to view your schedule, class rosters and grade rosters. Since no content is changing besides the look and feel of the landing page, you can always return to your traditional navigation. Simply click on the main menu tile.
The staff myWSU homepage is changing, but there will still be access to all the same information, and your favorites and short cuts will remain the same with easier access. When you log in, you can skip the homepage by clicking on the main menu tile. Users also will be able to personalize their home pages by rearranging tiles and selecting information they want to see.
For additional information, visit the ITS project update web page at , or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.