Four finalists have been named for the position of dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Washington State University.
A comprehensive national search and interview process by Provost Dan Bernardo and a university search advisory committee narrowed the field of candidates to the following four:
- Antonio Cepeda-Benito is a faculty member in the Department of Psychology at the University of Vermont (UVM). He served as dean of UVM’s College of Arts and Sciences from 2012 to 2016.
- Larry Hufford is the interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of biological sciences at Washington State University.
- Matthew Jockers is the associate dean for research and partnerships and professor of English in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Nebraska.
- Kenro Kusumi is the associate dean of research and graduate initiatives and professor in the School of Life Sciences in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University.
Full biographies and curriculum vitae are available on the Office of the Provost’s executive search website. The candidates will meet with faculty, staff, students and administrators, and will present publicly at the following times and locations:
- Antonio Cepeda-Benito – Monday, April 16 from 9:10 to 10:30 a.m. in the CUB Jr. Ballroom, Room 210
- Matthew Jockers – Thursday, April 19 from 9:10 to 10:30 a.m. in the CUB Jr. Ballroom, Room 210
- Larry Hufford – Monday, April 23 from 9:10 to 10:30 a.m. in the CUB Jr. Ballroom, Room 212
- Kenro Kusumi – Thursday, April 26 from 9:10 to 10:30 a.m. in the CUB Jr. Ballroom, Room 212
The WSU community is invited to the public presentations, in which the candidates will outline their respective visions for the College of Arts and Sciences. Each presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer session. More information regarding the public presentations can be found on the Office of the Provost executive search website.
At the conclusion of the finalist visits, President Kirk Schulz and Provost Dan Bernardo welcome feedback regarding each finalist from the WSU community. Prior to the finalist visits, a survey will be posted on the executive search website.
Links: Office of Provost search site, https://provost.wsu.edu/cas