PULLMAN, Wash. – The MLK Distinguished Service Award nomination deadline has been extended to Thursday, Nov. 30.
The MLK Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual or group from the entire Washington State University community and across the state that has made extraordinary contributions toward continuing the work of Martin Luther King Jr. Following in King’s legacy, such individuals or groups must promote human rights and social justice in one or all of the following areas.
- Altruism and community service – outstanding accomplishments or leadership serving others and promoting greater justice and social equality.
- Advancement of diversity – notable achievements in creating a supportive climate for underrepresented groups as well as recruiting, mentoring and retaining diverse populations.
- Education and inclusion – exceptional efforts of teaching, leadership, or programs that encourage an understanding of and quest for human rights and social justice for all people
Awards will be given in each of the following categories.
- A current WSU faculty member.
- A current WSU staff member.
- A currently enrolled WSU student.
- A current group or organization affiliated with WSU.
- An individual or group from the surrounding community.
Nominations must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, and include a completed nomination form citing specific efforts and accomplishments of the nominee.
For more information, submission guidelines, and to fill out a nomination form, visit: https://mlk.wsu.edu/distinguished-service-awards/
- Maria de Jesus Dixon, manager of operations, WSU Culture and Heritage Houses, 509-338-9209, email@example.com