PULLMAN, Wash. – The Board of Regents of Washington State University will hold a regularly scheduled meeting Sept. 21 and 22 on the WSU Pullman campus. Committee meetings will run throughout the afternoon of Sept 21. Starting times following the 1:15 p.m. committee meetings are estimates only. If a session ends earlier than expected, the next scheduled session may convene immediately. Committee meetings may be attended by all members of the Board of Regents, and all members may participate. The meetings will be held in locations outlined in the schedule below.
Thursday, Sept. 21
-12 p.m. Board of Regents Lunch CUB 310
– 1:15 p.m. Concurrent Meetings
2:30 p.m. – Finance and Compliance Committee, CUB 204
4:30 p.m. – Executive Session CUB 204
6:30 p.m. – Board of Regents Dinner, 755 NE Campus Ave, Pullman (or upon conclusion of previous) session
Friday, Sept. 22 7:15 a.m.
– Board of Regents Breakfast, CUB 208 8 a.m.
The regents are expected to take action on a variety of items during the Sept. 22 meeting, including:
• Renaming of Nevada Street on the WSU Pullman campus to “Waller Way”
• Renaming of the WSU Pullman “Digital Classroom Building” to “The Spark Academic and Innovation Hub”
• 2018 State Supplemental Capital Budget Request
• 2018 State Supplemental Operating Budget Request
• Pullman Moscow Regional Airport’s Land Acquisition Offer
• Terre View Research Facility Relocation Project Budget
• President Kirk Schulz’s Goals for 2017/2018
In addition, Thursday, Sept. 21, the Regents will participate in the grand opening and building dedication for the Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center, and on Friday, Sept. 22 will participate in the grand opening and building dedication of the Chinook building both on the Pullman campus. This is an incomplete listing of the agenda items for the meeting. The official notice and full agenda for the meeting are available online at https://regents.wsu.edu/meeting-dates/
Questions about the Board of Regents meeting and schedule may be directed to Desiree Jacobsen, 509-335-6662.
Media Contact: Phil Weiler, vice president of marketing and communication, 509-335-4742, email@example.com