PULLMAN, Wash. – The Board of Regents of Washington State University will hold a regularly scheduled meeting November 3 and 4 in the Compton Union Building on the Pullman campus.
The meeting will begin at noon Nov. 3 in CUB Room 310 with a board lunch, followed at 1:15 p.m. by concurrent meetings of the Regents’ Research and Academic Affairs (CUB 204), Student Affairs and Student Life (CUB 206), and Institutional Infrastructure committees (CUB 208). At 2:30 p.m., Regents will convene a meeting of the Finance and Compliance Committee (CUB 204), followed at 3:30 p.m. in the same location by a meeting of the Strategic and Operational Excellence Committee. An Executive session will follow at 4:30 p.m. in the same location. The meeting day will conclude with a Board of Regents dinner at 6:30 p.m. in the President’s Residence at 755 NE Campus Ave.
The Regents will re-convene in CUB 208 at 7:15 a.m. on Friday, November 4 for breakfast, then move to CUB 204 to initially hear reports, including reports from the Chair of the Board of Regents and the President of the university. Regents will then receive reports from the WSU Foundation, the WSU Faculty Senate, Associated Students of WSU, Graduate and Professional Student Association, WSU Administrative Professional Advisory Council, and WSU Alumni Association.
The regents are expected to take action on a variety of items during the meeting. Those items are as follows:
- A proposal of degree name change of the Master of Arts in Foreign Language and Culture to Master of Arts in Hispanic Studies
- A proposal of degree name change – Bachelor of Arts in Apparel, Merchandising and Textiles to Bachelor of Arts in Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Textiles
- A proposal to appoint Regent Scott E. Carson and re-affirm the appointment of William O. Ward to the WSU Foundation Investment Committee
- A proposal to approve construction and financing of Phase 2 of improvements to Lower Soccer Field.
- A proposal to approve renovation of Building’s B & C of the WSU Chief Joseph Village apartment complex.
- A proposal to approve an operating agreement with the WSU Alumni Association.
- A proposal to approve an operating agreement between WSU and the WSU Foundation.
This is an incomplete listing of the agenda items for the meeting. The official notice and full agenda for the meeting are available online at http://regents.wsu.edu/meeting-dates/
In addition, on Thursday, November 3, the Regents will attend a reception with the Administrative Professional Advisory Council at the Foundry Kitchen and Cocktails, 125 SE Spring St., Pullman, scheduled from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. On Saturday, November 5, the Regents will attend the WSU vs Arizona football game in Martin Stadium.
Questions about the Board of Regents meeting and schedule may be directed to Desiree Jacobsen, 509-335-6662.
Robert Strenge, WSU News, 509-335-3583, firstname.lastname@example.org