PULLMAN, Wash. – The academic expertise and outreach of Washington State University will be displayed and celebrated Tuesday-Monday, March 22-28, during the annual Showcase. At Friday’s Celebrating Excellence Recognition Banquet, the WSU community will honor the outstanding achievements of faculty and staff.
The week’s events will include:
* Three Minute Thesis competition, 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, CUB auditorium. Students consolidate their research ideas and discoveries and present them concisely to a non-specialist audience.
* Crimson Reads celebration of WSU authors, 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, Terrell Library atrium.
* Emeritus Society Legacy of Excellence Awardee reception, 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 23, Todd 120. Robert Ackerman, archaeology, will talk about “Digging in Alaska and Beyond.” https://news.wsu.edu/2016/03/02/march-23-reception-lecture-by-emeritus-award-winner/
* Distinguished Faculty Address, 3:30 p.m. Thursday, March 24, Daggy Hall in Jones Theatre. Michael Skinner, reproductive biology, will present, “Ancestral Ghosts in Your Genome.” https://news.wsu.edu/2016/03/03/march-24-skinner-present-distinguished-faculty-address/ A reception will follow.
* Academic Showcase, 9 a.m.-noon Friday, March 25, CUB senior ballroom. Posters/displays by faculty, staff, graduate students and professional students will highlight scholarship, research and creative activity.
* GPSA Research Exposition, 8:30 a.m.-noon Friday, March 25, CUB senior ballroom. Graduate and professional students will highlight their scholarship, research and creative activity.
* Celebrating Excellence Recognition Banquet, 5:30 p.m. Friday, March 25, Beasley Coliseum. Outstanding achievements of WSU faculty and staff will be honored, including annual award winners, newly tenured and promoted faculty and new patent awardees.
* Showcase for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (SURCA), 3:30-5 p.m. Monday, March 28, CUB ballrooms. Presentations will be followed by awards at 4:45 p.m.
Annual award winners who will be recognized during the Friday banquet include recipients of the:
Find more about WSU Showcase at http://showcase.wsu.edu/.