By Jeffrey Dennison, WSU Tri-Cities marketing & communications
RICHLAND, Wash. – Washington State University Tri-Cities is expanding hands-on adventures in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) camps this summer to provide additional options for middle school students and new learning adventures for high school students. This is the first time the popular summer camps will be offered to high school students.
“Many of the students who enjoyed middle school summer camps wanted to keep learning, so we’re offering three camps scaled to provide fun, learning challenges to high school students,” said LoAnn Ayers, STEM camp director.
Camps are taught by certified teachers with assistance from local professionals and technical experts.
Enrollment is limited; participants are encouraged to sign up soon since some camps fill a few weeks after registration opens.
Full-day camps cost $279. Half-day camps cost $177. An early registration discount is available through April 30. For information or to register, go to http://www.tricities.wsu.edu/summersciencecamp or contact 509-372-7123 or email@example.com.
Middle school STEM camps are Monday-Friday:
• Robots Rule (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Unlock the Code behind Gaming (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Unlock the Code II-Advanced Code Development (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Call of the Wild (8:30 a.m.-noon)
• Super Structures (1-4:30 p.m.)
• Robots Rule II-Advanced Robotics (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
• Cracking the Human Code (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Strange Matter (8:30 a.m.-noon).
• Crazy Chemistry (1-4:30 p.m.)
• CSI Science (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
• Science of Survival (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
• Radical Radiation (8:30 a.m.-noon)
• 3D Design (1-4:30 p.m.)
• Awesome Aeronautics (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Arduino Programming Adventures (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Power the Future (8:30 a.m.-noon)
• Fantastic Physics (1-4:30 p.m.)
High school STEM camps are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Thursday:
• Robotics I
• Robotics II
• Advanced CSI Science
Learn more about WSU Tri-Cities and its commitment to dynamic student engagement, dynamic research experiences and dynamic community engagement at http://tricities.wsu.edu.