SPOKANE, Wash. – Seven pharmacy students, faculty and alumni from Washington State University won annual awards from the Spokane Pharmacy Association recently.
The association accepts nominations from the local community, and the board of directors determines the winners.
• Bert Porter, WSU College of Pharmacy alumni class of 1950, Lifetime Service Award.
• Alyson Blum, research associate and first-year pharmacy resident in obstetrics, Resident of the Year.
• Colleen Terriff, clinical associate professor, Speaker of the Year.
• Bill and Sharon Fassett, Special Services Award. Bill retired from the WSU College of Pharmacy in May after 15 years of service.
• Catrina Schwartz, clinical associate professor, and Shon Volk, alumni class of 2007, Pharmacists of the Year.
• Tick Klock Drugs in Colfax, Wash., owned by Mark Johnson, alumni class of 1982, Pharmacy of the Year.