PULLMAN, Wash. – Nominations from faculty, staff and students are being sought for the annual Washington State University Faculty Diversity Award. The recipient will be recognized at Showcase 2014 on March 28.
The submission deadline is Nov. 4. Last year’s nominees and applicants are encouraged to resubmit their materials for consideration.
The award recognizes distinctive and outstanding teaching, research or creative work and/or service or outreach by faculty that advances diversity in the university and the communities it serves.
“The WSU Faculty Diversity Award recognizes significant contributions our faculty are making toward excellence and diversity in teaching, scholarship and outreach, a key strategic goal of our university,” said WSU Interim Provost and Executive Vice President Dan Bernardo. “I encourage nominations and applications for this important award.”
Criteria for the award can be found online at http://diversity.wsu.edu/award, where nominations and applications can be submitted electronically. Nominations also can be delivered to Noele Cooperin Lighty 190, sent via campus mail code 1061 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous award recipients include:
- Eric Johnson, College of Education, WSU Tri-Cities, 2013
- Ella Inglebret, speech and hearing sciences, 2012
- Carol Allen, College of Nursing, 2011
- Marcia Ostrom and the WSU small farms program, 2010
- Steve Burkett, sociology and the WSU Graduate School, 2009
- Michael Pavel, College of Education, 2008