PULLMAN, Wash. – Washington State University’s Faculty Senate has approved 10 new online degrees and certificates, the largest number of new offerings in the history of WSU’s online program.
“This shows the university’s commitment to providing a quality education to students, no matter where they live,” said Dave Cillay, vice president of WSU’s Global Campus, which includes WSU Online. “When students can’t come to us, we want to bring WSU to them.”
The new options, approved last week, are:
• Master of education in special education
• Master of arts in strategic communication
• Professional writing certificate – science and technology option
• Bachelor’s in hospitality business management (available only to students in the College of Business’ César Ritz program)
• Master of business administration certificates (six total)
“All the programs will launch by next spring semester,” said Valeria Pietz, director of new program development at the Global Campus.
She said more than 20 other new online programs – ranging from graduate degrees to undergraduate minors – are at various stages of discussion.
Dave Cillay, WSU Global Campus, email@example.com, 509-335-5188