- 10-28-11 AgInfo – State general support for universities like WSU would be cut by 15 percent in the second year of the biennium.
- 10-27-11 The Columbian – Elson Floyd, president of WSU, expressed his disapproval in a statement released Thursday.
- 10-27-11 The Seattle Times – “The reality is, a cut of this nature is going to compromise the quality of what we do,” said WSU President Elson Floyd.
- 10-27-11 KING5 – WSU president responds to governor’s budget cuts
- 10-27-11 Capital Press – As new barley and wheat varieties are considered for release, a new licensing format will help WSU get a return on its investment.
- 10-27-11 The Columbian – Wafertech president thanks WSU for support
- 10-27-11 KRNV News 4 -Head panelist Dr. Guy Palmer of WSU, says the National Academy’s 150-year record speaks for itself.
- 10-27-11 GoodFood World – WSU’s Stephen Jones is passionate about rebuilding the local food system around grains in western Washington.
- 10-27-11 Whidbey Examiner – Wine owners get great info from WSU Extension seminars
- 10-27-11 Capital Press – Diane Fish, WSU Extension, said heritage birds “forage really, really well,” much better than Cornish cross.
- 10-27-11 KLEW – Police Recovering Cougar Flags
(For previous media headlines, click on the “WSU in the Media” link in the left-hand navigation column)
- 10-27-11 The Chronicle of Higher Ed – NCAA Approves Scholarship Increases and Multiyear Grants for Athletes
- 10-28-11 The Spokesman Review – WSU knows Oregon has speed to burn
- 10-27-11 WSU Athletics – Varsity Rowing in Portland for the Weekend, Novice at Home
- 10-27-11 WSU Athletics – WSU Basketball Launches `Cougars Courtside’
- 10-27-11 KPLU News – WSU Regents considering $80 million Martin Stadium upgrade
(For a current list of WSU athletic news and media headlines, click on the “Sports Headlines” link in the left-hand navigation column.)