The intent of the Whistleblower Act enacted by the Washington State Legislature is to provide an avenue for state employees to report improper governmental actions. State law preserves the confidentiality of people who file assertions of improper governmental action and of people who provide information for whistleblower investigations. All WSU employees at all levels of the institution are encouraged to participate in this training.
Aspects of the Whistleblower Program explained in this course include:
– What is considered improper governmental action?
– What is the timeframe in which to report improper governmental actions?
– Who can file a Whistleblower assertion?
– What are the procedures for filing an assertion?
– What precludes an employee from making a false assertion?
– Who investigates Whistleblower assertions when they are filed?
This course takes place from 10:45-11:45 a.m.. For complete scheduling details and to register online, use the following link to access the course information page within your WSU Online Training Account; then click on the triangular ‘launch’ button: http://hrs.wsu.edu/skillsoft/default.aspx?c=ilt_wsu_LC_806