PULLMAN, Wash. – A small fire broke out on the roof of Washington State University’s McCluskey Services Building Thursday morning, forcing the temporary relocation of a number of employees within the structure.
 
Lawrence Davis, assistant vice president for Facility Operations, said workers were on the roof repairing a water leak shortly after 7:30 a.m., when a spark from a torch started a small fire among leaves and other debris.
 
Although smoke entered the building, the fire was quickly extinguished by fire department personnel, who also assisted in ventilating the building.
 
Davis said there were no injuries and damages to the building roof were limited. Repairs are already under way.