Fun and inspiring activities have been added to the lineup for WSU Football Weekends 2010, beginning with a new Family Weekend to kick off the home game season. Campus weekend packages, more Homecoming activities and the start of a new tradition, the Cougar Pride Walk, also are new.
Family Weekend, Sept. 10-11 will include:
- Farmer’s market, 3-6 p.m., Tukey orchard and organic farm.
- Play tennis with a Cougar, games and prizes, 5 p.m., outdoor tennis courts.
First Down Friday Night in Pullman, live music, food, kids area and more.
- Family weekend fun at Mooberry Track, 1-4 p.m., will include:
– inflatable bounce house, obstacle course and slides
– face painting
– autographs of the women’s basketball team, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
– photos with Butch, 2:15-3:15 p.m. (bring your camera)
– games such as hula hoop, hot potato and dodge ball, led by students in the Cougar Leadership Program
– concessions featuring family friendly foods like mini hot dogs, brats, popcorn, cheese, Ferdinand’s grabbers and more.
Registration is not required, but registrants will be eligible for prizes. Register at http://go.wsu.edu/family-weekend.
The Cougar Pride Walk, beginning at 1:30 p.m., will invite crimson-clothed fans to form a tunnel for the Cougar marching band and football players to walk through on their way from the Cougar Pride statue on Stadium Way to the fieldhouse, where the team will prepare for the 4 p.m. game.
More information, including campus weekend packages, can be found at http://footballweekends.wsu.edu.