Bicycle Traffic Skills 101 - 2 Day Class
6/5/2012 5:00:00 PM - 6/5/2012 8:00:00 PM
June 5 (5-8:00 pm) and June 9 (10am-3:00pm).[back]
Bicycling to work, for errands, or exercise can be safe and enjoyable. The League of American Bicyclists “Smart Cycling – Traffic Skills 101” class gives cyclists the confidence they need to ride safely, and legally, on streets. Learn principles of riding with traffic, predicting and avoiding motorist errors, bike handling skills, basic bicycle maintenance, and essential gear.
* Classes will be taught by certified instructors and include a student manual.
* Classes are recommended for adults and children above age 15, students age 15 to 17 must have a parent present.
* Class hours are spent both in the classroom and on street settings to prepare cyclists for a full understanding of vehicular cycling.
* A bicycle in good condition and a helmet are required.
* One Session is for Women only.
* Class size is limited to 12 participants. The minimum class size is 6 participants. If for any reason a cancellation of a Session is required, switch to alternative dates will be offered.
* Net cost to registrants is a $10 non-refundable registration admin fee.
Other dates are available - see the website for more information. Select event: 'Spokane Bicycle Traffic Skills'.